Etymology: From in- + active
- Not active, temporarily or permanently
- The volcano is , but is only dormant.
- Not functioning or operating; broken down
- The photocopier is pending repair.
- Retired from duty or service
- Admiral Jones is now on the list.
- (chemistry) Relatively inert
- Aluminium is towards water.
- (physics) Showing no optical activity in polarized light
- Synthetic glycine is optically as it contains equal amounts of the d- and l- form.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for inactive for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of inactive