noun (plural noun)
- a platform where candidates in an election give speeches
- 1749: w:Henry Fielding, Henry Fielding, From This World to the Next
- :I now mounted the , and, without any regard to decency or modesty, made as emphatical a speech in favour of the king as before I had done against him.
- (context, by extension) an election campaign
- :Washington is awfully deserted now that every congressman is out on the .
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for hustings for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of hustings