- "There are two kinds of adventurers: those who go truly hoping to find adventure and those who go secretly hoping they won't." " William Trogdon
- being optimistic toward
- "I'm hoping the weather will be sunny tomorrow."
- (present participle of, hope)
Etymology: hope + -ing, ing
- filled with or inspiring hope (uncommon)
- "A hoping situation is not yet desolate."
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for hoping for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of hoping