- An individual or organism possessing both male and female organs, typically including both types of gonads.
- An earthworm is a .
- A person or thing possessing two opposing qualities.
- (nautical) A hermaphrodite brig.
Etymology: From Hermaphroditos, the mythical son of Hermes and Aphrodite, possessing both male and female qualities.
- Having both male and female organs, typically including both types of gonads, in one individual or organism.
- Combining two opposing qualities.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for hermaphrodite for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of hermaphrodite