- (uncountable) weight, Weight or the feel of weight.
- A quality hammer should have good balance and .
- (Northern English dialect) A piece of mountain pasture to which a farm animal has become hefted.
- An animal that has become hefted thus.
- (transitive) To lift; especially, to lift something heavy or feel something's weight.
Etymology: From hefí.
- He hefted the sack of concrete into the truck.
- (context, transitive, Northern English dialect) The process by which a farm animal becomes accustomed to an area of mountain pasture.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for heft for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of heft