- joy, the emotion of being happy.
- Good luck; good fortune; prosperity.
Etymology: From happy.
- All bechance to thee in Milan! " w:William Shakespeare, William Shakespeare, Wikisource:The Two Gentlemen of Verona, I-i
- An agreeable feeling or condition of the soul arising from good fortune or propitious happening of any kind; the possession of those circumstances or that state of being which is attended enjoyment; the state of being happy; contentment; joyful satisfaction; felicity; blessedness.
- Fortuitous elegance; unstudied grace; " used especially of language.
- Some beauties yet no precepts can declare, For there's a , as well as care. " w:Alexander Pope, Alexander Pope.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for happiness for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of happiness