- (uncountable) The act of hanging a person (or oneself) by the neck in order to execute that person (or to commit suicide).
- Hanging is the punishment for one convicted of war crimes, there.
- (countable) A public event at which a person is hanged.
- The of the bandits was attended by the whole village.
- (countable) Anything wide, high and rather thin that is hang, hung as a decorative element (such as curtains, gobelins, wallpaper or posters).
- The various hangings on that Christmas tree look nice.
- (uncountable) The way in which hangings (decorations) are arranged.
- I dislike the cramped in the gallery of 18th century painters.
- (present participle of, hang)
- suspend, Suspended.
- The vines made the house look older than it was.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for hanging for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of hanging