Etymology: Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino
- An automobile manufactured by the Italian firm w:Fiat, Fiat S.p.A.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Fiat for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of Fiat
- An authoritative command or order to do something; an effectual decree.
Etymology: Latin, fiat "let it be done".
- :His laid the corner stone.
- 2004 October 18, The New Yorker,
- : The Republican domination of both houses of Congress has allowed him to do this almost by , without domestic political resistance or accountability.
- Allen G. Taylor, SQL For Dummies, Fifth Edition, Wiley Publishing, Inc.,
- :The SQL:2003 specification does not try to arbitrate or establish by what DOUBLE PRECISION means. The specification requires only that the precision of a DOUBLE PRECISION number be greater than the precision of a REAL number. This constraint, though rather weak, is perhaps the best possible in light of the great differences you encounter in hardware.
- (context, English law) A warrant of a judge for certain processes.
- (context, English law) An authority for certain proceedings given by the Lord Chancellor's signature.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for fiat for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of fiat