noun (fellahin, pl2=fellaheen)
- A peasant in an Arabic country.
- 1922, James Joyce, Ulysses:
- :It has the prophetic vision. Fuit Ilium! The sack of windy Troy. Kingdoms of this world. The masters of the Mediterranean are fellaheen today.
- 1955, Paul Bowles, The Spider's House:
- :All of them were crudely caricatured scenes of life among Moslems: a schoolmaster, ruler in hand, presiding over a class of small boys, a ploughing, a drunk being ordered out of a bar.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for fellah for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of fellah