- An epicene person, thing or word.
Etymology: From Middle English < Latin epicoenus < Greek ('common').
- lack of gender distinction, often specifically due to lack of the masculine
- effeminate " a male with female characteristics;
- androgynous " having both male and female characteristics;
- asexual " having neither male nor female characteristics; and
- (linguistics) having only one form of the word for either male or female referents.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for epicene for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of epicene