verb (encompass, es)
- (transitive) To form a circle around; to encircle.
- (transitive) To include within its scope; to circumscribe or go round so as to surround; to enclose; to contain.
- (transitive) To include completely; to describe fully or comprehensively.
- This book on English grammar encompasses all irregular verbs.
- (transitive) To go around, especially, to circumnavigate.
- Drake encompassed the globe.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for encompass for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of encompass