- The receding movement of the tide.
- A gradual decline
- low state, state of depression
- The European bunting
- flow back or recede
- the tides ebbed at noon
- fall away or decline
- The dying man's strength ebbed away
- fish with stakes and nets that serve to prevent the fish from getting back into the sea with the ebb
- low, shallow
- The water there is otherwise very low and ebb. (Holland)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for ebb for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of ebb