- The northern English form of ditch.
- A ditch and bank running alongside each other (the excavation was the soruce of the material of the embankment.)
- A barrier of stone or earth used to hold back water and prevent flooding.
- (pejorative) A lesbian, especially a manly or unattractive lesbian.
- (geology) A body of once molten igneous rock that was injected into older rocks in a manner that crosses bedding planes.
- Old English dÄÄ (the source of both 'ditch' and 'dike', the southern English 'c' being soft while the northern was hard).
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for dike for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of dike