- The act of differentiating.
- The act of distinguishing or describing a thing, by giving its different, or specific difference; exact definition or determination.
- The gradual formation or production of organs or parts by a process of evolution or development, as when the seed develops the root and the stem, the initial stem develops the leaf, branches, and flower buds; or in animal life, when the germ evolves the digestive and other organs and members, or when the animals as they advance in organization acquire special organs for specific purposes.
- (geology) The process of separation of cooling magma into various rock types.
- (calculus) The process of determining the derived function of a function.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for differentiation for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of differentiation