- (context, originally) A rolling down.
- A descent, especially one that passes through a series of revolutions, or by succession
- The transference of a right to a successor, or of a power from one body to another.
- (genetics) degeneration, Degeneration (as opposed to evolution).
- The transfer of some powers, and the delegation of some functions, from a central sovereign government to local government; eg. from Westminster to Scottish parliament and Welsh assembly.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for devolution for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of devolution