- The name for the fourth letter of the modern Greek alphabet Î”, Î´.
- A landform at the mouth of a river where it empties into a body of water. w:River delta, Wikipedia has a detailed description.
- (phonetics) Î´ In the International Phonetic Alphabet, IPA, the symbol that represents the voiced dental fricative, the hard th in the English word father. Usu. represented by the Icelandic eth, eth/edh (í°).
- (mathematics) A change in some quantity.
- (context, computing, colloquial) A small but noticeable effect, compare with epsilon.
Etymology: From Greek (delta).
- This will slow the main code path down, but only by .
- (context, computing) The set of differences between two versions of a file.
- When you update the file, the system will only save the deltas.
- (context, surveying) The angle subtended at the center of a circular arc.
- The letter D in the ICAO spelling alphabet, which assigns words to letters of the alphabet.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for delta for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of delta