- (context, Bristolian dialect) plimsoll
verb to dap
- 1988, w:Alan Hollinghurst, Alan Hollinghurst, w:The Swimming Pool Library, The Swimming Pool Library, Penguin Books (1988), page 169
- : I somehow expected them to shout obscenities, and was glad I had come ordinarily dressed, in a sports shirt, an old linen jacket, jeans and daps.
- (context, Bristolian dialect) To run or go somewhere quickly.
Etymology: onomatopoetic, Onomatopoetic, from the sound made when a person runs while wearing them.
- I'll just down to the shop.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for dap for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of dap