- A line or mark made by folding or double, doubling any pliable substance; hence, a similar mark, however produced.
- (cricket) One of the white lines drawn on the pitch to show different areas of play; especially the popping crease, but also the bowling crease and the return crease.
- (lacrosse) The circle around the goal, where no offensive players can go.
- (ice hockey) A goal crease is an area in front of each goal, surrounded by thin red lines and filled in with light blue.
- See Wikipedia article on (w, hockey rink).
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for crease for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of crease