- (uncountable) a reddish-brown, malleable, ductile metallic element with high electrical and thermal conductivity, symbol Cu, and atomic number 29.
- (countable) Something made of copper.
- The reddish-brown colour/color of copper.
- <table><tr><td>copper colour: </td><td bgcolor="
- BB5836" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
- (countable) A copper coin.
- (context, Australian English, UK) (archaic) A large pot used for heating water or washing clothes over a fire.
- Mum would heat the water in a copper in the kitchen and transfer it to the tin bath.
- I explain that socks can"t be boiled up in the copper with the sheets and towels or they shrink.
- Made of copper.
- Having the reddish-brown colour/color of copper.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for copper for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of copper