- An event which may or may not happen; that which is unforeseen, undetermined, or dependent on something future; a contingency.
- That which falls to one in a division or apportionment among a number; a suitable share; proportion; especially, a quota of troops.
- possible, Possible or liable, but not certain to occur; incidental; casual.
- (with upon) dependent, Dependent on something that is undetermined or unknown.
- The success of his undertaking is upon events which he can not control.
- Dependent on something that may or may not occur.
- a estate
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for contingent for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of contingent