- to strive in opposition; to contest; to dispute; to vie; to quarrel; to fight.
- For never two such kingdoms did contend without much fall of blood.
- to struggle or exert one's self to obtain or retain possession of, or to defend.
- You sit above, and see vain men below contend for what you only can bestow.
- to strive in debate; to engage in discussion; to dispute; to argue.
- The question which our author would contend for - many things he fiercely contended about were trivial.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for contend for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of contend