- The spouse of a monarch.
- A husband, wife, companion or partner.
- A ship accompanying another.
- (uncountable) Association or partnership.
- A group or company, especially of musicians playing the same type of instrument.
- (intransitive) To associate or keep company.
- 1961, J. A. Philip, "Mimesis in the Sophistíªs of Plato," Transactions and Proceedings of the American Philological Association, vol. 92, p. 457,
- : Being itself inferior and consorting with an inferior faculty it begets inferior offspring.
- To be in agreement.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for consort for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of consort