- A person who favors maintenance of the status quo or reversion to some earlier status.
- (context, UK, politics) A member of the Conservative party.
- (context, US, economics) A fiscal conservative
- (context, US, politics) A political conservative
- (context, US, social sciences) A social conservative.
- (context, Canada, politics) (uncapitalized) An adherent of any strain o fconservatism. (Capitalized) A member or supporter of the Conservative Party of Canada, or its predecessors.
- Tending to resist change.
- The curriculum committee at this university is extremely .
- Based on pessimistic assumptions.
- At a estimate, growth may even be negative next year.
- (context, US, economics, politics, social sciences) Supporting some combination of fiscal, political or social conservatism.
- (context, US, politics) Relating to the Republican party, regardless of its conservatism.
- (context, UK, politics) Relating to the Conservative party.
- (context, physics) (notcomp) Neither creating nor destroying a given quantity.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for conservative for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of conservative