- A folded piece of cloth, a pouch of ice, etc., used to cover the dressing of wounds, and placed with the aid of a bandage to apply pressure on an injury.
verb (compresses, compressing, compressed)
- He held a cold over the sprain.
- To make smaller; to press or squeeze together, or to make something occupy a smaller space or volume.
- The force required to a spring varies linearly with the displacement.
- To condense or abridge.
- If you try to the entire book into a three-sentence summary, you will lose a lot of information.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for compress for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of compress