- (uncountable) The concept or state of exchange, exchanging information between entities.
- Some say that is a necessary prerequisite for sentience; others say that it is a result thereof.
- The potential for information exchange.
- The node had established with the network, but had as yet sent no data.
- A message; the essential data transferred in an act of communication.
- Surveillance was accomplished by means of intercepting the spies' communications.
- The body of all data transferred to one or both parties during an act of communication.
- The subpoena required that the company document their with the plaintiff.
- An instance of information transfer; a conversation or discourse.
- The professors' communications consisted of lively discussions via email.
- A passageway or opening between two locations.
- A round archway at the far end of the hallway provided to the main chamber.
- (anatomy) A connection between two tissues, organs, or cavity, cavities.
Etymology: communicacion, communicationem, communicatio, verb communicare
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for communication for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of communication