- A numeric character.
- A method of transforming a text in order to conceal its meaning.
- The message was written in a simple . Anyone could figure it out.
- (crypto) A cryptographic system using an algorithm that converts letter, letters or sequences of bit, bits into ciphertext.
- ciphertext, Ciphertext; a message concealed via a .
- The message is clearly a , but I can't figure it out.
- A grouping of three digits in a number, especially when delimited by commas or periods:
- The probability is 1 in 1,000,000,000,000,000--a number having five ciphers of zeros.
- A design of interlacing initials: a decorative design consisting of a set of interlaced initials.
- (music) A fault in an organ valve which causes a pipe to sound continuously without the key having been pressed.
- A hip-hop jam session http://www.rapdict.org/Cipher
- The path (usually circular) shared cannabis takes through a group, an occasion of cannabis smoking.
- (dated) Someone or something of no importance.
- You are just a to me.
- (obsolete) zero, Zero.
- (regional and/or dated) To calculate.
Etymology: 14th century. From cyfre, cyffre (French chiffre), ultimately from (ARchar, Ù) (sifr) "zero, empty", from (ARchar, Ù) (safara) "to be empty". Compare zero.
- I never learned much more than how to read and .
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for cipher for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of cipher