noun (Chinese, -)
- (uncountable) The class of Sino-Tibetan dialects including Mandarin, Wu, Cantonese, Min Nan and others. Abbreviation: Chin or Chin.
- (rfv-sense)(uncountable) The logographic writing system shared by this language family.
- Hong Kong uses traditional .
- (uncountable) Mandarin, the main language spoken in China.
- (used as a plural and always preceded by the) The people of China.
- The Chinese have an incredible history.
- (countable) A person born in China.
- The place was empty till two walked in.
- (context, UK, countable, informal) A Chinese meal.
- We're going out tonight for a .
- (context, US, uncountable, informal) Chinese food.
- Do you care for tonight?
- Of China, its languages or people
- Unexpected, as used in the phrases Chinese whispers, Chinese burn, Chinese auction.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Chinese for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of Chinese