- talk, especially meaningless or unimportant talk
- the sound of talking
- the sound made by a magpie
- an intermittent noise, as from vibration
- Proper brake adjustment will help to reduce the .
- in national security, the degree of communication between suspect groups and individuals, used to gauge the degree of expected terrorist activity.
- The NSA is concerned about increased between known terror groups.
- (intransitive) To talk idly.
- They knitted and chattered the whole time.
- (intransitive) Of teeth, machinery, etc, to make a chattering noise.
- He was so cold that his teeth were chattering.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for chatter for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of chatter