- Any substance or means which, applied to animal or other organic tissue, burns, corrodes, or destroys it by chemical action; an escharotic.
- (context, optics, computer graphics) The envelope of reflected or refracted rays of light for a given surface or object.
- (mathematics) The envelope of reflected or refracted rays for a given curve.
- (context, informal, chemistry) caustic soda
Etymology: From the Greek , burnt, via the Latin causticus, burning.
- Capable of burning, corroding or destroying organic tissue
- (context, of language etc) sharp, bitter, cutting, biting, sarcastic
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for caustic for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of caustic