verb (cambers, cambering, cambered)
- The slightly convex surface of a road, ship's deck etc.
- The slope of a curved road, such that the outside is higher than the inside.
- An alignment of the wheels of a road vehicle with positive camber signifying that the wheels are closer together at the bottom than at the top.
- The curvature of an airfoil.
- (nautical) A small enclosed dock in which timber for masts (etc.) is kept to weather.
- To curve upwards in the middle.
- Because he cambered the tires too much, he had less control on the turns.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for camber for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of camber