- (context, of a woman) Having a full, voluptuous figure, especially possessing large breasts.
- (context, of a woman) Healthy, lively.
- (archaic) cheerful, Cheerful, lively, happy.
Etymology: From the stem of Old English bugan, bÅgan "bend, bow" + -some.
- 1819, Walter Scott, Ivanhoe.
- :The Outlaw accordingly led the way, followed by the Monarch, more happy, probably, in this chance meeting with Robin Hood and his foresters, than he would have been in again assuming his royal state.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for buxom for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of buxom