- a blessing or benefit
- Finding the dry cave was a boon to the weary travellers
- Anaesthetics are a great boon to modern surgery
- (archaic) that which is asked or granted as a benefit or favor; a gift; a benefaction; a grant; a present
- (obsolete) a prayer or petition
- (obsolete) good; prosperous; as, "boon voyage"
- kind; bountiful; benign
- gay; merry; jovial; convivial
- He was a boon companion to have around
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for boon for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of boon