verb to bombast
- Originally, cotton, or cotton wool.
- Cotton, or any soft, fibrous material, used as stuffing for garments; stuffing; padding.
- Fig.: High-sounding words; an inflated style; language above the dignity of the occasion; fustian.
- To swell or fill out; to pad; to inflate.
- High-sounding; inflated; big without meaning; magniloquent; bombastic.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for bombast for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of bombast