- A past tense and a past participle of bless.
- having divine aid, or protection, or other blessing.
- 1611: King James Bible (Matthew 5:5) - Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
- In Catholicism, a title indicating the beatification of a person, thus allowing public veneration of those who have lived in sanctity or died as martyrs.
- Held in veneration; revere, revered.
- Worthy of worship; holy.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for blessed for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of blessed