- A gradual diminishing in the strength of something
- (physics) A reduction in the level of some property with distance, especially the amplitude of a wave or the strength of a signal
- (biology) A weakening in the virulence of a pathogen or other microorganism
- (botany) The tapering of a leaf etc to a fine point
- (engineering) A fabrication process in which a material is stretched out into a thin shape
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for attenuation for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of attenuation