- (context, literary, _, or, _, archaic) On, to, or at the top.
- 1909, William Dean Howells, Seven English Cities, Kessinger Publishing 2004, p. 46:
- :He has a handsome face, still bearded in the midst of a mostly clean-shaving nation, and with the white hairs prevalent on the cheeks and temples; his head is bald , though hardly from the uneasiness of wearing a crown.
- 1978, James C. Humes, Speaker's Treasury of Anecdotes About the Famous, Harper & Row 1978, p. 102:
- :The envoy found the French king playing the part of horse while his young son rode .
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for atop for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of atop