noun (wikipedia, Assembler)
- (computing) A tool that reads source code written in assembly language and produces executable machine code, possibly together with information needed by linkers, debuggers and other tools.
Etymology: assembleVerb, to assemble + -er
- "This is much faster than the old one."
- (context, Computing) (informal) Assembly language.
- "I wrote that program in ."
(wikipedia, Assembler (nanotechnology))
- One who assembles items.
- (nanotech) A nano-device capable of assembling nano-devices, possibly including copies of itself, according to a plan.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for assembler for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of assembler