- The act of agitate, agitating, or the state of being agitated; the state of being moved with violence, or with irregular action; commotion.
Etymology: Latin agitatio: compare with French agitation.
- The sea after a storm is in .
- A stirring up or arousing; disturbance of tranquillity; disturbance of mind which shows itself by physical excitement; perturbation.
- She causes great within me.
- Excitement of public feeling by discussion, appeals, etc.
- the antislavery
- religious agitations "Prescott
- Examination or consideration of a subject in controversy, or of a plan proposed for adoption; earnest discussion; debate.
- a logical of the matter "L'Estrange.
- the project now in "Swift.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for agitation for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of agitation