- A person who argues the case of another, such as a lawyer in a court.
verb (advocat, ing)
- The lawyer was one of a few good child advocates in town.
- A person who speaks in support of something.
- She has been a strong for reform.
- A person who supports someone to make their voice heard, or ideally to speak up for themselves.
- ''Since she started working with her she has become much more confident.
- (transitive) To argue for someone else.
- (transitive) To encourage support for something.
- I like trees, but I do not living in them.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for advocate for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of advocate