- The act of abridging, or the state of being abridged; diminution; lessening; reduction or deprivation; as, an of pleasures or of expenses.
- An epitome or compend, as of a book; a shortened or abridged form; an abbreviation.
Etymology: (term, abregement); see abridge.
- Ancient coins as abridgments of history. - Addison
- ''(Obsolete): That which abridges or cuts short; hence, an entertainment that makes the time pass quickly
- What have you for this evening? What masque? what music? - Shakespeare, Midsummer Night's Dream, V-i
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for abridgment for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of abridgment