- An original inhabitant of any land; one of the aborigines.
- An animal or a plant native to the region.
- It may well be doubted whether this frog is an aboriginal of these islands. - Darwin.
- First; original; indigenous; primitive; native; as, the aboriginal tribes of America.
Etymology: Mid-17th century. Derivative of aborigines
- Mantled o'er with aboriginal turf. - Wordsworth.
- Of or pertaining to aborigines; as, a Hindoo of aboriginal blood.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for aboriginal for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of aboriginal