- Customary way of speaking or acting; custom; fashion; manner; behavior; mien; mode; practice; -- often used formerly in such phrases as: at his own guise; that is, in his own fashion, to suit himself.
- 1924: Aristotle. Metaphysics. Translated by W. D. Ross. Nashotah, Wisconsin, USA: The Classical Library, 2001. Available at: <http://www.classicallibrary.org/aristotle/metaphysics/>. Book 1, Part 5.
- : dialecticians and sophists assume the same as the philosopher
- External appearance in manner or dress; appropriate indication or expression; garb; shape.
- Cover; cloak; as, under the guise of patriotism.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for guise for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of guise