- (alternative spelling of, Kaballah)
- A Jewish prayer recited at the end of services, and when mourning the death of a close relative.
- a type of Jewish community in eastern Europe
- A community, usually a village, based on a high level of social and economical sharing, equality, direct democracy and tight social relations.
- (Judaism) The ninth month of the civil year in the Jewish calendar
- (context, of food) Prepared in accordance with Jewish religious practices.
- Well, if I had known it was a deli, I certainly would not have ordered a ham and cheese on rye.
- (context, figurative, by extension) In accordance with standards or usual practice.
- "Is what I have done with Mr. Smith?"