noun (dair, ies)
- place, often on a farm, where milk is processed and turned into products such as butter and cheese
- a shop selling dairy products
- (also dairy products or dairy produce) products produced from milk.
- a corner-store, superette or 'mini-mart' of some description.
- referring to products produced from milk.
- referring to the milk production and processing industries
- on food labelling, containing fats only from dairy sources (e.g. dairy ice cream)
- A dispersion of a group of people from their native land, commonly used in reference to the Jews.
- The Jews that were scattered among the Gentiles after Babylonian captivity
- A dispersion of an originally homogeneous entity, such as a language or culture: "the diaspora of English into several mutually incomprehensible languages" (Randolph Quirk)
- The state of being dispersed; dispersedness.
- A process of dispersing.
- The degree of scatter of data.
- The separation of visible light by refraction or diffraction.
- a four-sided spinning top, a symbol of Judaism