- A line at the beginning of a document (such as a newspaper article) stating the date and place of origin
verb (dispatches, dispatching, dispatched)
- A message sent quickly, as a shipment, a prompt settlement of a business, or an important official message sent by a diplomat, or military officer.
- The act of getting rid of something quickly
- A mission by an emergency response service, typically attend to an emergency in the field.
(obsolete) A dismissal.
- To send a shipment with promptness.
- To send an important official message sent by a diplomat or military officer with promptness
- To hurry
(obsolete) To deprive.
- To destroy quickly and efficiently
(computing) To pass on for further processing, esp. via a dispatch table (computing, often with to)