From old English (circa 1550)
- one who divulges private information with intent to hurt others
- tattletale; squealer (U.S. slang)
- something that serves to reveal something else
#:The telltale was the lipstick on her shirt collar.
- nautical a length of yarn or ribbon attached to a sail or shroud etc to indicate the direction of the flow of the air relative to the boat
trans-top|one who divulges private information
Finnish: juorukello, ilmiantaja
trans-top|(nautical) yarn attached to a sail etc
- revealing something not intended to be known
#:His eye was blinking, a telltale signal that he was lying.
#:He blushed when he approached, a telltale sign that he was happy to see him.