- A small sailing vessel, commonly rigged as a sloop, used chiefly in the coasting and fishing trade.
- slang heroin.
- A sharp blow; a slap. See also: spank.
- A distinct flavour.
- A slight trace of something; a smattering.
#*1883: w:Robert Louis Stevenson|Robert Louis Stevenson, w:Treasure Island|Treasure Island
#*: He was not sailorly, and yet he had a smack of the sea about him too.
- A loud kiss.
- To slap someone, or to make a smacking sound.
- To indicate or suggest something.
#:Her reckless behavior smacks of pride.
- As if with a smack or slap
#:Right smack bang in the middle.