blend|motor|hotel, from the original Motel Inn of San Luis Obispo, established in 1925 by Arthur Heinman
- lodging establishment typically featuring a series of rooms whose entrance is immediately adjacent to a parking lot, as might facilitate easy access to one's automobile during an overnight stay, particularly located near a major highway
- (as a modifier; used attributively) Of or relating to a motel.
- (as a modifier; used attributively) Of architecture, interior design, etc, in the style of a motel; identical and anonymous.
- any of several architectural or interior design styles associated with motels, such as "identicalness", "anonymity", or any other perceived attribute of motels, particularly as differentiated from hotels.
- characterized by an anonymous, temporary nature, as motel sex.
- property owned by a motel, as "motel towel", "motel ashtray", possibly imprinted or embroidered with the name of the establishment, frequently appropriated by tourists as a souvenir.
trans-top|type of hotel
German: Motel n
trans-top|of or relating to a motel
trans-top|of architecture: identical and anonymous
w:motel|Wikipedia article on motels
- Mexico|lang=es brothel, whorehouse