Prefix hetero- + gene + -ous.
- diverse|Diverse in kind or nature; composed of diverse parts.
- mathematics incommensurable|Incommensurable because of different kinds.
- physics: Having more than one phase (solid, liquid, gas) present in a system or process.
- chemistry: Visibly consisting of different components.
- (information technology): A network comprising different types of computers, potentially with vastly differing memory sizes, processing power and even basic underlying architecture. Alternatively, a data resource with multiple types of formats.
trans-top|for all definitions:
Chinese: ç�°è³ª, å¼�è´¨
Dutch: heterogeen, heterogene
Finnish: erilaatuinen, heterogeeninen
Portuguese: heterogÃªneo m, heterogÃªnea f
Romanian: eterogen m, eterogenÄ� f
Telugu: à°µà°¿à°�à°¾à°¤à°¿ (vijaathi), à°µà°¿à°à°¿à°¨à±�à°¨ (vibhinna)