- An argument, or discussion, usually in an ordered or formal setting, often with more than two people, generally ending with a vote or other decision.
#: After a four-hour debate, the committee voted to table the motion.
- An informal and spirited but generally civil discussion of opposing views.
#: The debate over the age of the universe is thousands of years old.
#: There was a bit of a debate over who should pay for the damaged fence.
- uncountable Discussion of opposing views.
#: There has been considerable debate concerning exactly how to format these articles.
- (Frequently in French form dÃ©bat) a type of literary composition, taking the form of a discussion or disputation, commonly found in the vernacular medieval poetry of many European countries, as well as in wikipedia:medieval Latin|medieval Latin.
Albanian: debat m
Arabic: ARchar|ÙÙØ§Ø´ m
Czech: debata#Czech|debata f
Dutch: debat n, bespreking f
Finnish: vÃ¤ittely, debatti
French: dÃ©bat m
German: Debatte f
Italian: dibattito m, dibattimento m
Russian: Ð´ÐµÐ±Ð°Ñ (debÃ¡t) m, Ð´Ð¸ÑÐºÑÑÑÐ¸Ñ (diskÃºssija) f, ÑÐ¿Ð¾Ñ (spor) m, Ð¿Ð¾Ð»ÐµÐ¼Ð¸ÐºÐ° (polÃ©mika) f
- To participate in a debate.
Albanian: debatoj; diskutoj
Dutch: debatteren, uitpraten, bespreken
Russian: Ð´Ð¸ÑÐºÑÑÐ¸ÑÐ¾Ð²Ð°ÑÑ (diskutÃrovatâ), ÑÐ¿Ð¾ÑÐ¸ÑÑ (sporÃtâ), Ð¾Ð±ÑÑÐ¶Ð´Ð°ÑÑ (obsuÅ¾dÃ¡tâ)
- plural of|debat|langAlbanian|nodot1; debates.